Henderson 'no longer too stricken' about penalty miss vs Romania as he bids to be prepared for England's Euro 2020 opener against Croatia
The Liverpool man has shrugged off lacking from the field and says that he'll be prepared for action to face Croatia
England captain Jordan Henderson says he's “no longer too stricken” about lacking a penalty in a 1-0 gather over Romania.
Marcus Rashford’s 68th-minute field kick gave the Three Lions victory on the Riverside Stadium.
Henderson, within the intervening time, overlooked from 12 yards after coming off the bench to play his first soccer since February.
- De Bruyne emulates Ronaldo & Henry after Man Metropolis giant title wins lend a hand-to-lend a hand men's PFA Player of the three hundred and sixty five days awards as Foden named Younger Player of the three hundred and sixty five days
- Chelsea giant title Kirby wins females's PFA Avid gamers' Player of the three hundred and sixty five days as Hemp wins Younger Player of the three hundred and sixty five days award
- Recent trophy, conventional competitors: Why the inaugural CONCACAF Nations League final genuinely matters to USMNT and Mexico
- The upward thrust of Florian Wirtz: The new giant title of German soccer brilliant on the U21 Euros
What did he speak?
"I used to be confident but it completely used to be an even place, it wasn't a gigantic penalty, an even top for the goalkeeper but I'm no longer too stricken. It could maybe maybe maybe bear been good to cap the comeback off with a unprejudiced,” Henderson, who has but to rating for his nation, advised BBC Radio 5.
"There is pleasure, you are feeling that but this week's practising has been genuinely shining depth, the lads bear been focussed, expert within the games but we will work on what we need and near the important recreation we will be prepared."
The higher portray
Henderson used to be that comprises in his first match since turning out for Liverpool of their 2-0 Premier League loss against Everton on February 20.
He's bidding to bag lend a hand to corpulent fitness in time to characteristic in England’s Euro 2020 campaign, in which they'll face Croatia, Scotland after which the Czech Republic within the workforce phases.
With that in tips, the 45 minutes he conducted against Romania bear been a precious exercise in regaining fitness.
“I’m feeling very shining, to bag lend a hand onto the pitch used to be magnificent for me. I came thru 45 minutes after some time out so joyful with that and felt pretty shining as successfully at some stage within the recreation,” he said.
“Delighted with that and bear one other week's practising till the important recreation so hopefully I will enhance successfully.
“I did no longer have to capture any risks with the Austria friendly, I bear been practising exhausting with the England workforce and did no longer genuinely feel 100% going into that recreation. We thought the wisest ingredient to murder used to be to bag prepared for the Romania recreation and I felt shining and it used to be crucial. Overall, the coolest decision. I bag stronger your entire time.”
England will play Croatia at Wembley on Sunday, June 13.
- Rashford penalty earns England gather
- Phillips: Sky the limit for Bellingham
- ‘Selfish’ Henderson criticised after England penalty miss